- Duration: 2 Days (approx.)
- Product code: PPYP0S
Whitewater Rescue (WWR) Levels I & II - 2 Days
June 3 & 4, 2017
Gain skills and confidence through hands-on training.
Build a solid foundation of skills and knowledge for paddling and travelling on rivers. Get hands-on practice and professional instruction. Gain the confidence to perform rescues and make smart decisions.
By taking the course, you can achieve international certification that is valid for 3 years. During that time, you can upgrade to the 'technician' level with the 2-day Whitewater Rescue Technician Bridge course.
- 16 years and up. 16 & 17 year olds need written parental consent
- Pre-course prep (see below)
Take away materials
- Waterproof course manual: Whitewater Rescue Field Guide
- Locking rescue carabiner & 5m of tubular webbing for your rescue kit
- Certification card
What to expect
- Get tons of hands-on practice with experienced instructors, a great learning environment, and a well-run course
- Increase your knowledge of the river environment to avoid hazards and work with the water, not against it
- Practice techniques such as swimming, wading, and throwing ropes to move around the river, perform self-rescues, and rescue others
- Learn knots, anchors, and rope systems for use in equipment recovery and transportation
- Gain the tools to carry out effective rescues with limited resources when river running
For additional course details, including course topics, pre-course prep, equipment list, FAQs, view our Whitewater Rescue (WWR) Course Details Info Sheet.
This course will run with a minimum of 8 people.