Introduction to Navigation Skills
- Duration: 150 Minutes (approx.)
- Location: Winnipeg
- Product code: PLZEXL
Feel comfortable travelling off road by land or water. This course is designed for the first time navigator, adventure racers, or someone wishing to brush up their skills. This indoor only clinic will introduce the basic terminology and techniques of successful navigation.
Topics Covered Include:
- Read and interpret topographic maps
- Understand and plot 6 digit UTM co-ordinates
- Learn how to orient your map, take a bearing on land and how to transfer it to your map
- Understand navigation terminology such as: back bearing, line of sight, aiming off, catching, features/handrails, etc.
- Navigation strategy and common sense tips
Course runs from 6:30 pm to 9:00 pm. at Wilderness Supply Winnipeg 50 Isabel St.
- Pen and notepad to take notes
A course manual will be provided to all participants. If you have your own compass, or plan to buy one, please bring it to the course so that you can learn how to properly use your own compass.